* Rookie right wing Mike Wirll scored his first professional goal in Saturday night’s 5-3 loss to Gwinnett.
* Checkers are 4-6-1 all-time in home openers.
* Charlotte travels to Greenville on Friday and Gwinnett on Saturday.
* Columbia has not allowed a power-play goal going 11-for-11 on the penalty kill.
* Barrie Moore is tied for the ECHL lead with two game-winning goals.
* Columbia hosts Columbus on Tuesday, Greensboro on Friday and travels to Columbus on Sunday.
* The Pride has not scored a power play goal, going 0-for-14 in three games.
* Nicols Cobeil leads the team with five points (2g-3a).
* Florence travels to Augusta on Saturday.
* Keith Anderson leads the ECHL in scoring with seven points (3g-4a).
* Jeff Maund stopped all 29 shots in Friday’s 2-0 win at Augusta to earn first win and shutout.
* Florida hosts Louisiana on Friday and Saturday.
* Tom Reiman scored a power-play goal and tallied an assist in Friday’s 3-2 loss against South Carolina.
* Daniel Berthiaume is 0-1-0 with a 3.05 goals against average and a .914 save percentage.
* Greensboro hosts Texas on Thursday before traveling to Columbia on Friday and Greenville on Saturday.
* Han Sung Kim, the first Korean ECHL player, scored a goal in 3-2 loss at South Carolina on Saturday.
* The Grrrowl went 0-for-5 on the power play in Saturday’s loss.
* Greenville hosts Charlotte on Friday and Greensboro on Saturday.
* Jeremy Kyte is tied for the ECHL lead with two power-play goals.
* Express are tied for third in power-play percentage with 28.57 (4-for-14).
* Roanoke plays at Atlantic City on Wednesday and at Cincinnati on Friday.
South Carolina Stingrays
* Ed Courtenay leads the team with two goals and three points.
* Kirk Daubenspeck, who led the ECHL with 36 wins in 2002-03, is 2-0 with a 2.00 GAA.
* Stingrays play at Augusta on Thursday.