Charlotte Checkers (11-8-0) at Texas Wildcatters (13-3-2) 7:05 p.m. CT
* Checkers are 5-0-0 all-time against Texas, including 4-3 overtime win at Charlotte on Nov. 5.
* Kevin Baker led Texas with two goals and three points in first game against the Checkers.
* Nathan Gillies led Charlotte with two goals and three points in first meeting with Wildcatters.
* Wildcatters’ Mike Bayrack has five-game goal streak (6g) and nine-game scoring streak (8g-7a).
Phoenix RoadRunners (11-9-0) at Idaho Steelheads (11-7-2) 7:10 p.m. MT
* Phoenix’s win on Wednesday was first ever against Idaho and improves all-time record to 1-7-0.
* Idaho is winless in last five home games (0-4-1), breaking team home winless streak record (0-3-1).
* RoadRunners’ Brett Smith has five-game goal streak (6g) and five-game scoring streak (6g-2a).
* D’Arcy McConvey, who led Idaho with 39 goals in 2005-06, scored first goal of season Wednesday.
Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League Fast Facts
* Affiliations with 25 of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League marking 10th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.
* 308 former ECHL players have played in NHL.
* 162 have made NHL debut in the last five seasons, including goaltenders Barry Brust, Joey MacDonald, Mike Smith and Mike Wall and center Drew Larman this season, and a record 47 in 2005-06.
* ECHL has been represented on last six Stanley Cup champions.
* Two NHL head coaches (Peter Laviolette & Jim Playfair) and 9 assistant coaches have ECHL experience.
* Affiliations with 24 of the 27 teams in the American Hockey League.
* ECHL has been represented on last 17 Calder Cup champions.
* For each of the past four seasons, ECHL has had more players called up to AHL than all other professional leagues combined. From 2002-06 the ECHL had 1,646 call ups, involving almost 1,000 players, including 416 call ups involving 263 players last season.
* Idaho Steelheads and City of Boise will host the 15th Annual ECHL All-Star Game presented by Rbk Hockey on Jan. 17 and the 10th Annual ECHL All-Star Skills Competition presented by Rbk Hockey on Jan. 16 at Qwest Arena.
* ECHL and its member teams contributed more than $2.3 million for charity and relief funds in 2005-06.