The ECHL announced that fans can voluntarily, and free of charge, sign up to have news updates delivered directly to their internet browser with the new ECHL Toolbar.
The ECHL Toolbar will not replace Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, but rather enhances both browsers by allowing the user to receive up-to-the-minute information on the Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League. Users are just a click away from scores, standings, statistics, schedules, transactions, rosters and much more from ECHL.com.
In addition to a scrollbar that delivers the latest ECHL headlines, the ECHL Toolbar allows users to search the internet easily with the Yahoo! Search Engine. Clicking on sponsored results will generate a donation to charity, allowing users, at no cost to themselves, to help make a difference.
The ECHL Toolbar does not have any pop-ups, adware, spyware or tracking software and the user’s privacy is respected.
It is the same size and shape as existing toolbars and will appear just below them.
Click Here To Download The ECHL Toolbar
You will then be prompted to take the following steps:
1) You will see optional fields to fill in for e-mail address and zip code
2) Please check box for terms agreement and click on “Download Now” (you can choose to install the toolbar using either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers)
3) At this point a pop-up blocker notice may appear
If the pop-up notice does NOT appear, go on to step No. 4 If the pop-up notice does appear, just click on the yellow notice and hit “Download File”
4) You may then see a message about refreshing the page. Click “Retry.”
5) Click Run – Run – Install – Finish
6) After you click on “Finish” please close your Internet browser and re-open a new browser
7) Click on “View” at the top of your browser and then select “Toolbars.”
8) Then click or check the words “ECHL Toolbar” and the ECHL Toolbar should appear on your screen
Requirements and Frequently Asked Question
Internet Explorer (ver. 6.0 or later) or Mozilla Firefox
Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS X (Mozilla Firefox only for Macs)
High-speed Internet connection
1. Click here to go to download the toolbar and install.
3. The installation instructions will guide you through the download.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: My toolbar is missing. How do I make it appear?
A: If you installed the toolbar but your browser looks the same as before…Make sure you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) or Mozilla Firefox. Go to the View menu at the top of your browser and select Toolbars. The toolbar you installed should be listed there. Select it so that it shows a check mark. If it’s not listed, it may not have installed properly. Please follow the download instructions again.
Q: If the “ECHL Toolbar” is checked, but it still doesn’t appear…
A: If you are using IE 6.0, verify that third-party browser extensions have been enabled. To check this setting, select Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Enable third party browser extensions.
2. If that still doesn’t work, unlock your Internet Explorer toolbars and move them to different positions. The ECHL Toolbar may have been pushed to the edge of the screen by another toolbar. Click on the View tab, select the category toolbars and then un-check the option Lock the toolbars. To move each toolbar around, place your cursor on the left edge of the bar and drag it to a new location.
3. Look for two black arrows (the arrows appear like this: >>) on the far right-hand side of your browser’s address bar or toolbar area. If you see the arrows, click on them to make the toolbar appear. To move the toolbar into full view, please see the instructions above.
Q: I saw the toolbar at some point, but now it’s gone.
A: This problem may be caused by other malicious software that may be installed on your computer (the ECHL Toolbar does not install any malicious software or adware). Please clean your system. You may have to re-install your toolbar.
Q: How do I uninstall the toolbar?
A: You can always uninstall by either using the standard Add/Remove Programs function provided in the Windows control panel, easily accessible from the Windows Start menu. You can also easily hide the toolbar by going to the View menu at the top of the Browser, selecting Toolbars, then un-check ECHL Toolbar. The toolbar can be turned on and off this way at any time.
Q: Does this include spyware?
Q: What is the cost?
A: The toolbar is free for all ECHL fans.
Do you have additional concerns?
If you are experiencing any problems or have a question about the ECHL Toolbar that is not covered in our online help then feel free to e-mail [email protected].