PRINCETON, N.J. – Video from the 2007 ECHL All-Star Game was featured in the Nov. 2 episode of the series “Men In Trees” on ABC-TV.
In the scene, broadcasters talk about the Alaska Huskies possibly being the worst team in hockey history while video from Qwest Arena in Boise, home of the Kelly Cup champion Steelheads and host of the ECHL All-Star Game in 2007, is shown on a television set.
The full episode can be viewed online at www.abc.com.
Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League Fast Facts
• Affiliations with 26 of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League, marking the 11th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.
• 333 former ECHL players have played in NHL.
• There were 69 former ECHL players on NHL opening-day rosters and there have been 188 former ECHL players who have played their first game in the NHL in the past six seasons.
• Twenty-six former ECHL players made their NHL debut in 2006-07, including two who played in both the ECHL and the NHL as goaltender Yutaka Fukufuji played for Reading and Los Angeles while defenseman Bryan Young skated for Stockton and Edmonton. Dave McKee played for Augusta and dressed for five games as the backup goaltender for Stanley Cup champion Anaheim.
• Four former ECHL players have made their NHL debut this season: former Johnstown Chiefs and Fresno Falcons goaltender Dmitri Patzold (San Jose on Oct. 7), former San Diego goaltender Tyler Weiman (Colorado on Oct. 4), former Charlotte right wing Craig Weller (Phoenix on Oct. 4) and former Phoenix RoadRunners center Daniel Winnik (Phoenix Coyotes on Oct. 4).
• Record 51 former ECHL players played their first NHL game in 2005-06.
• ECHL has been represented on last seven Stanley Cup champions.
• 14 Former ECHL coaches on NHL staffs.
• ECHL has been represented on last 18 Calder Cup champions.
• ECHL has affiliations with 26 of the 29 teams in the American Hockey League and for the past 18 years there has been an ECHL player on the Calder Cup Champion.
• The Stockton Thunder and the City of Stockton will host the Chase Chevrolet ECHL All-Star Game presented by Jackson Rancheria and Bud Light at Stockton Arena on Jan. 23, 2008 and the Chase Chevrolet ECHL All-Star Skills Competition presented by Jackson Rancheria and Bud Light on Jan. 22, 2008.
• In the last five seasons the ECHL has had more call-ups to the AHL than all other professional leagues combined with over 2,000 call-ups involving more than 1,000 players since 2002-03.
ECHL and its member teams contributed nearly $3 million for charity and relief funds in 2006-07.
• Further information on the ECHL is available from its website at ECHL.com.