Wheeling Nailers (13-16-2) at Dayton Bombers (15-7-3) 7:05 p.m. ET
• Wheeling beat Dayton 5-4 in a shootout Friday for the first win over Bombers this season.
• Dayton’s Paul Kelly had four points (1g-3a) on Friday to record his first four-point night of the season.
• Nailers’ Joe Guenther had an assist and the only goal in the shootout on Friday.
• Bombers are tied for second in ECHL in shorthand goals against with 2.
Reading Royals (14-15-4) at Cincinnati Cyclones (16-12-2) 7:30 p.m. ET
• Reading was shutout for the first time this season on Friday.
• Cyclones 1-0 win Friday give them 10 straight games without a loss in regulation.
• Since coming from Pensacola Royals’ Jeff Pietrasiak is 6-6-0 with a 2.85 goals-against average.
• Cincinnati’s Cedrick Desjardins recorded his league leading fourth shutout of the season Friday.
Charlotte Checkers (17-14-1) at Florida Everblades (21-10-0) 7:30 p.m. ET
• Florida tied an ECHL record with four-shorthand goals Friday.
• Charlotte ranks sixth in ECHL in goals against with 3.63.
• Everblades’ Reggie Berg had a hat trick and an assist on Friday giving him nine points against Charlotte.
• Checkers’ Blake Bellefeuille had a five-point night (4g-1a) on Friday.
Johnstown Chiefs (14-13-4) at Augusta Lynx (16-18-0) 7:35 p.m. ET
• Chiefs had ECHL season high 59 saves for second time Friday.
• Augusta is 13-2-0 when leading after the second while Johnstown is 9-1-1.
• Chiefs’ Doug Andress ranks fifth among ECHL defensemen with 25 points (9g-16a).
• Lynx’s goalie Dave McKee ranks second in ECHL with three shootout wins.
Trenton Titans (14-11-2) at Toledo Storm (16-13-1) 7:35 p.m. ET
• Storm lead ECHL with 26 points (13-3-0) at home.
• Titans’ Jim Henkel had an assist on Friday to extend his assist streak to three (4a).
• Toledo’s Ken Magowan and Mike James each scored two goals in a 5-3 win over Trenton on Friday.
• Trenton is tied for third in ECHL on the power play with 18.8 percent (34-for-181).
Columbia Inferno (11-16-4) at Texas Wildcatters (20-7-3) 7:05 p.m. CT
• Columbia won for first time this season against Texas on Friday 4-1.
• Wildcatters are out scoring their opponents 115-91.
• Inferno’s Jeff Miles had a goal and an assist Friday against Texas.
• Texas’ Daniel Sparre had a goal on Friday to give him back-to-back goal games.
Gwinnett Gladiators (18-11-4) at Pensacola Ice Pilots (9-21-2) 7:05 p.m. CT
• Gladiators set an ECHL season high with 62 shots on Friday in a 4-3 shootout win.
• Pensacola’s Greg Watson has six points (3g-3a) in three games against Gwinnett this season.
• Gwinnett’s Scott Mifsud had two assists on Friday against Johnstown.
• Since coming from Utah Mike Wirll has 14 goals in 21 games for the Ice Pilots.
Stockton Thunder (16-7-5) at Idaho Steelheads (17-13-2) 7:10 p.m. MT
• After dropping all five games in regulation last season to Idaho, the Thunder have improved to 4-1-1.
• Steelheads’ Lance Galbraith has 17 points (9g-8a) at home.
• Stockton’s Devan Dubnyk recorded first pro shutout Friday stopping 29 shots, to beat Idaho 1-0.
• Idaho ranks fifth in ECHL in shots against with 29.44.
Las Vegas Wranglers (17-6-7) at Phoenix RoadRunners (18-13-2) 7:11 p.m. MT
• Wranglers lead ECHL with 27 points (11-2-5) on the road.
• RoadRunners had two shorthand goals on Friday giving them seven on the season.
• Las Vegas’s Kevin Nastiuk is 1-1 in January with a goals-against average of 2.01.
• Phoenix’s Todd Jackson had a goal and an assist Friday to extend his point streak to three (2g-2a).
Victoria Salmon Kings (12-19-1) at Bakersfield Condors (17-10-3) 7:00 p.m. PT
• Bakersfield ranks fifth in ECHL on penalty kill with 85.7 percent (35-for-244).
• Victoria’s Mike Stutzel is on a five-game point streak (2g-5a).
• Condors’ defenseman Tyler Scott had season-high two assists on Friday.
• Salmon Kings are tied for third in ECHL on power play with 18.8 percent (43-for-229).
Fresno Falcons (20-9-1) at Long Beach Ice Dogs (9-19-2) 7:00 p.m. PT
• Falcons beat Victoria 4-1 on Friday to extend their win streak to eight.
• Long Beach defenseman Gary Gladue had an assist on Friday in a 3-1 loss to Phoenix.
• Fresno’s John Morlang is tied for second in ECHL in insurance goals with four.
• Ice Dogs’ Ash Goldie has 14 points (7g-7a) at home.
Utah Grizzlies (9-20-3) at Alaska Aces (19-10-2) 7:15 p.m. AT
• Grizzlies beat Alaska 6-4 on Friday, for first ever win in nine tries at Alaska.
• Aces rank second in ECHL in shot per game with 27.71.
• Utah’s Brendan Cook (2g-2a) and Andy Sertich (1g-3a) each had four points against Alaska on Friday.
• Alaska’s Vladimir Novak had a season-high two goals Friday against Utah.
Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League Fast Facts
* Affiliations with 25 of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League marking 10th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.
* 311 former ECHL players have played in NHL.
* 166 have made NHL debut in the last five seasons, including goaltenders Barry Brust, Martin Houle, Joey MacDonald, Mike Smith and Mike Wall, centers Drew Larman and Kris Newbury, and right wing Jesse Schultz this season, and a record 47 in 2005-06.
* ECHL has been represented on last six Stanley Cup champions.
* Two NHL head coaches (Peter Laviolette & Jim Playfair) and 9 assistant coaches have ECHL experience.
* Affiliations with 24 of the 27 teams in the American Hockey League.
* ECHL has been represented on last 17 Calder Cup champions.
* For each of the past four seasons, ECHL has had more players called up to AHL than all other professional leagues combined. From 2002-06 the ECHL had 1,646 call ups, involving almost 1,000 players, including 416 call ups involving 263 players last season.
* Idaho Steelheads and City of Boise will host the 15th Annual ECHL All-Star Game presented by Rbk Hockey on Jan. 17 and the 10th Annual ECHL All-Star Skills Competition presented by Rbk Hockey on Jan. 16 at Qwest Arena.
* ECHL and its member teams contributed more than $2.3 million for charity and relief funds in 2005-06.