Wheeling Nailers (21-12-2) at Johnstown Chiefs (13-10-9) 3:00 p.m. ET
* Nailers have won the last two meetings and are 2-1-0 against the Chiefs, but 0-1-0 at Johnstown.
* Chiefs’ Jean Desrochers has a game-winning goal and three points (2g-1a) against Wheeling.
* Wheeling’s Cam Paddock has two game-winning goals and four points (3g-1a) against the Chiefs.
* Johnstown will play its remaining five games in January on the road.
Toledo Storm (18-13-3) at Reading Royals (20-10-3) 5:05 p.m. ET
* Royals are 1-0-1 against Toledo in 2004-05 and 7-2-4 all-time against the Storm.
* Toledo’s Scott Fankhouser is 8-2-0 with goals-against average of 1.66 in his last 11 games.
* Reading’s Matthew Yeats is 4-0-1 with goals-against average of 2.06 in his last five games.
* Storm’s Maris Ziedins has a game-winning goal and five points (3g-2a) in his last two games.
Victoria Salmon Kings (7-22-4) at Long Beach Ice Dogs (21-11-3) 5:00 p.m. PT
* Long Beach is 3-0-0 at home and 6-0-0 overall against Victoria.
* Rob Voltera has four goals in his last eight games and leads the Salmon Kings with eight goals.
* Ice Dogs’ Joe Cardarelli has two game-winning goals and five points (2g-3a) against Victoria.
* Victoria will host Long Beach on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Pensacola Ice Pilots (21-10-3) at Idaho Steelheads (18-14-3) 7:05 p.m. MT
* Idaho is 3-4-0 outside its division, including 1-1-0 against Pensacola.
* Ice Pilots’ Tyler Beechey is tied for the league lead with six game-winning goals and 16 power-play points.
* Steelheads’ Frank Doyle is 2-1-1 with goals-against average of 1.71 in his last four games.
* Pensacola’s Frederic Cloutier is 2-1-1 with goals-against average of 2.51 in his last four games.