Kelly Cup Finals (Best-of-Seven)
Trenton Leads Series 3-2
Trenton Titans (42-21-9) at Florida Everblades (42-20-10) 7:30 p.m. ET
* Titans scored five unanswered goals in the third period for a 5-2 win in Game 5 on Monday.
* Leon Hayward scored two goals on three shots in Trenton’s 5-2 win on Monday.
* Florida’s David Lundbohm scored his league-leading 12th playoff goal in a 5-2 loss at Trenton in Game 5.
* Andrew Allen stopped 34 of 36 shots, including all nine shots in the third period, in Game 5 for Trenton.
* Everblades Damian Surma has four goals and an assist in his last three games.
* Titans’ Leon Hayward (2g-0a), Nick Deschenes (0g-2a) and Les Haggett (1g-1a) had two points in Game 5.
* In nine home games in the postseason, Florida’s David Lundbohm (7g-7a) and Steve Saviano (4g-8a) have combined for 26 points.
* Trenton has scored 18 of its 21 goals in the finals in either the first or the third period.
* At home in the playoffs, Florida has scored 17 of its 34 goals in second period.
* In his last three road starts, Titans’ Andrew Allen is 3-0 with two shutouts, a goals-against average of 0.33 and a .991 save percentage.
* Florida has out shot the Titans in every game of the finals, taking 30 or more shots in four of the five games.
* In nine home playoff games, Everblades average 3.8 goals per-game and have a plus-minus rating of +19.
* Florida is 3-5 all-time in games when facing elimination.
* Trenton is 3-0 and has outscored its opponent 11-1 in its last three road games.
* Everblades have lost three of their last four home games and are 5-4 with a 3.36 goals-against average.
* On the road in the postseason, Titans are 6-3 with a 1.93 goals-against average and plus-minus rating of +25.
* Florida’s Paul Cabana (3g-8a) has 11 of his 17 playoff points at home, including three power-play goals.
* In five road games for Trenton, Paul Brown has six points (3g-3a) and a plus-minus rating of +6.
* Everblades are facing elimination for first time since Game 5 of the 2004 Kelly Cup Finals.
* Stephen Wood has five points, all assists, and leads Trenton in plus-minus rating (+7) in nine road games.
* Florida head coach Gerry Fleming’s record in elimination games is 3-3.
* Trenton’s Scott Bertoli (6g-18a) and Florida’s David Lundbohm (12g-12a) are tied for the league scoring lead.
* The team that wins Game 5 has won 25 of 29 series, including all 13 in the finals.
* Fifteen of the 18 players on Florida’s roster have registered a point in the finals.
* Titans’ Scott Bertoli has a career high in postseason points (24) and assists (18).
* Florida won its only Game 6 appearance 1-0 at Charlotte in the 2005 American Conference Finals.
* Trenton is 0-3 in its previous Game 6 appearances.
* Trenton head coach Mike Haviland has an 8-4 record in series-clinching games.
* In the history of the ECHL, the finals have gone to Game 7 only twice with the last being in 1999 when Mississippi beat Richmond 4-3 in double overtime.
* Titans are one win away from winning their first-ever Kelly Cup.
2005 Kelly Cup Finals Results/Schedule
Saturday, May 21
Trenton 7 at Florida 0
Sunday, May 22
Trenton 2 at Florida 1
Friday, May 27
Florida 5 at Trenton 4 (OT)
Saturday, May 28
Florida 6 at Trenton 3
Monday, May 30
Florida 2 at Trenton 5
Wednesday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.
Trenton at Florida
Friday, June 3 at 7:30 p.m.
Trenton at Florida (if necessary)