Charlotte Checkers (2-0-0) at Florida Everblades (1-1-0) 7:30 p.m. ET
* Florida was 3-0-0 at home and 5-2-0 overall against Charlotte in 2005-06, improving to 13-7-2 all time.
* Charlotte’s Mark Lee is tied for the league lead with seven assists and eight points.
* Everblades’ David Shantz won his professional debut making 27 saves in 5-2 win on Saturday.
* Checkers forward Jakub Petruzalek leads ECHL rookies with seven assists and eight points.
* Charlotte’s Dusty Jamieson is trying to become only the fifth player in ECHL history and the second player in team history to score three or more goals in three straight games.
* The last ECHL player to score three goals or more in three consecutive games was Steve Gibson of Wheeling in 1997 with three goals against Johnstown on Mar. 16, three goals at Peoria on Mar. 18 and four goals against Columbus on Mar. 21.
* Brian Martin of Hampton Roads became the first player in history to score a hat trick in three straight games, accomplishing the feat in 1989 on Dec. 9 against Nashville, Dec. 10 against Virginia and Dec. 12 against Knoxville.
* Record was tied by Trent Kaese of Columbus in 1992 and Darryl Noren of Charlotte in 1994.
* Four players have scored hat tricks in back-to-back games since Gibson tied the record with the last being Miguel Delisle, who accomplished the feat as a rookie with Idaho in 2004 on Dec. 17 and Dec. 19 against Bakersfield.
Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League Fast Facts
* Affiliations with 25 of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League marking 10th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.
* 305 former ECHL players have played in NHL.
* 159 have made their NHL debut in the last five seasons, including goaltenders Joey MacDonald and Mike Smith this season and a record 47 in 2005-06.
* ECHL has been represented on last six Stanley Cup champions.
* Two NHL head coaches (Peter Laviolette & Jim Playfair) and 9 assistant coaches have ECHL experience.
* Affiliations with 24 of the 27 teams in the American Hockey League.
* ECHL has been represented on last 17 Calder Cup champions.
* For each of the past four seasons, ECHL has had more players called up to AHL than all other professional leagues combined. From 2002-06 the ECHL had 1,646 call ups, involving almost 1,000 players, including 416 call ups involving 263 players last season.
* Idaho Steelheads and City of Boise will host the 15th Annual ECHL All-Star Game presented by Rbk Hockey on Jan. 17 and the 10th Annual ECHL All-Star Skills Competition presented by Rbk Hockey on Jan. 16 at Qwest Arena.
* ECHL and its member teams contributed more than $2.3 million for charity and relief funds in 2005-06.